Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a bestselling children’s book written by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault, illustrated by Lois Ehlert. It became a classic as soon as it was published in the category of picture books between the ages of 2-6.
The lower-case letters climb a coconut tree in alphabetical order until the tree bends so much that the letters fall out of the tree. Capital letters (the older relatives of the letters climbing the tree) come to help them. Again alphabetically, it describes each letter’s injury.
You can find tons of activities to do with your kids in the ages from 2-6. Here a few easy ideas:
1. Construction paper
2. Foam letters
4. Glue stick
1. First activity: Finding letters (activity recommended for 3-5 yeard old)
-After reading the book and doing the coconut tree, mix all the foam letters and tell your kids to find the ones necessary for their names.
2. Second activity: Learning about vowels and consonants ( recommended for 5-6 years old)
- Write these two paragraphs after they found the letters of their names and let them complete it.
3. Third activity: Matching colors and letters. Match the colors and letters of the coconut tree with their names. ( recommended from 2-5)
4. Fourth activity: Word games (recommended for 6 years old)
Also here a few printables for:
2. Literacy games: