I know it as Cielito lindo but I also heard it as Mexico Lindo; either the name you prefer to call it, this is a must do in your home, especially if you’re having a party.
Kids love it and they don’t notice all the veggies that are inside. I learned to do it at a friend’s birthday when we were 13 years old. It was a cooking party. Since that day I’ve loved it. Also my friend Natalia improved this recipe and taught me a few flavor tricks. I hope you like it, this is how I do it and I promise you, it will be a success if you have it at a party.
The ingredients are well known an easy to get:
-(2 oz.) of guacamole dip (You can make Guacamole with one avocado, chopped onion, a bit of chopped coriander, salt, olive oil and lemon juice or you can get it from the store)
-8 oz of cream cheese
-8 oz. sour cream
-A bunch of fresh coriander
-1 (1 oz.) package of taco seasoning
-2 (10 oz.) of salsa (I use Tostitos)
-1 onion, chopped
-5 or 6 small tomatoes
-1 (8 oz.) pack of shredded cheddar cheese
-1 pack ground turkey or chicken.
-1 (16 oz.) can of refried beans (optional)
- First prepare the pico de gallo mixing in a bowl the onions, tomatoes, pepper and cilantro chopped, with a spoon of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and some olive oil.
- Prepare your meat using a taco seasoning. Optional add onions and peppers.
- While your meat is cooking, let’s start with the layers in your pan. Start with the refried beans and end with cheese. In my case I did it without the beans.
- First: Spread the cream cheese covering the entire surface of the baking dish
2.Second: Add the pico de gallo and meat that is ready to eat.
3. Third: Add the salsa sauce and then, the guacamole
- Fourth: Add the sour cream
- Finally add the cheddar cheese
- Put it in the oven at a high temperature for 15 minutes, for the cheese to melt.
For a clean presentation, wipe sides after adding each layer.
Serve with chips immediately, while it’s still warm.
I hope you try it!
Text: Massiel Cabrera
Edition: Natalia Aybar
Web support: Christian Castillo
Pictures: Massiel Cabrera