A few months ago, my husband came home with the idea of making our own. I need to admit this is not our first try doing bread. We first tried with artisan bread, a little bit more elaborated. After reading and watching videos in YouTube, it was a success. But I will recommend if is going to be your first time making bread from scratch to start with a simpler recipe. I made this one a few weeks ago, and I loved it. This recipe is easy, healthy, delicious and with cheap ingredients. It doesn’t take much time, and it will save your family money.
2 cups water, warm
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour ( I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup melted butter
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Dissolve yeast in water.
3. Add sugar and salt. Add flour last. Stir until mixed.
4. Spray cookie sheet with pam. Spread the dough in the pan (hint: use water on your fingertips to prevent sticking).
5. Top with melted butter or olive oil. Then top with whatever other toppings you like. I used thyme and rosemary.
6. Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
8. Cut into squares, and serve hot! As you see mine is dark because I use whole wheat
I hope you try it!
Text: Massiel C
Edition: Natalia Aybar
Web support: Christian Castillo