Baked chicken breasts rolled with ham and mozzarella topped with tomato sauce and cheddar cheese. A dish the whole family will love!
Since making chicken can sometimes get boring, here is a simple recipe, perfect for your summer family gatherings. It can feed perfect a large crowd, or a hungry family. These are very filling; I served this with a big salad. Also, these re-heated beautifully the next day, and we were happy to enjoy them again for leftovers. I hope you like it!
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
5 oz of baby Bella mushroom
6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
4 oz of ham ( I used Turkey ham)
olive oil non-stick spray
1 cup tomato sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
1 cup of Alfredo sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the cutlets with white wine and dry them thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray
3. Cut the mushrooms in half, the ham in slices and the mozzarella cheese in rectangles
4. Stuff the cutlets with the mozzarella, the mushrooms and the ham one by one and secure them with tooth pins.
5. Place the stuffed cutlets in the baking dish.
6. Add the tomato and Alfredo sauce. I had some leftover in my fridge
7. Lastly sprinkle the cheddar cheese all over them.
8. Bake on a hot oven for about 50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Enjoy your summer
Thanks for reading,
Text and pictures: Massiel Cabrera
Editing: Natalia Aybar
Web support: Christian Castillo